Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) Extends Partnership with Clear Channel Airports to Bolster Digital Place-Based and Printed Media Program in High-tech Austin Travel Hub
Five-Year Deal Expands Clear Channel Airport’s Digital Media Network with Marquee Assets throughout ABIA, Introduces a Technically Advanced Passenger Entryway and Offers Additional Opportunities for Brands to Connect with More than 12M Travelers Annually
Austin, TX, USA – – Clear Channel Airports (CCA), a brand division of Clear Channel Outdoor Americas (CCOA) (NYSE: CCO), and a subsidiary of iHeartMedia Inc., today announced a five-year partnership extension with Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) following a record year for passenger traffic. The new media program comes online in the first half of 2017 and includes the latest state-of-the-art, energy-efficient advertising displays. This build-out expands ABIA’s digital network with new marquee digital assets and also creates a tech-savvy entryway visible to all arriving passengers.
As part of the new agreement, CCA will expand its immersive media program to further enhance the passenger travel experience while offering captivating and experiential advertising opportunities to local and national brands. The CCA media program will reach more than 12 million passengers annually, including those travelling to Austin’s notable conferences, festivals and events, such as South by Southwest® Conference and Festivals (SXSW®) which attracts over 300,000 attendees annually.
“Clear Channel Airport’s commitment to the latest digital media technologies showcases the exciting opportunities that await SXSW registrants arriving each March and helps further cement Austin’s reputation as a cutting-edge city teeming with business, cultural and educational opportunities,” attests Peter Lewis, Deputy Head of Sales & Exhibitions, SXSW® Conference & Festivals. “Their media program at ABIA has become a staple for official SXSW clients and affiliated brands over the past few years.”
Enhancements to ABIA’s advertising program include:
• Large-Format Digital LED Network: Upgraded LED video walls above both main arrival escalators, LED video walls suspended overhead in the central-most point of the concourse, visible to all arriving passengers;
• Automated Advertising Content Management: Enhanced advertising content management system, which allows for layout approval in advance, automated posting and removal dates for advertiser content;
• Digital Concourse Vertical Network Upgrade and Expansion: Twelve 55-inch and 85-inch low-profile vertical digital displays placed in key passenger dwell areas such as the food court, gate hold and concourse walkways;
• Digital Bag Claim Network Upgrade and Expansion: Increased number of LCDs and larger 75-inch screens in baggage claim.
• Exterior Large Format Displays: Banners, wraps and bulletins on the exteriors of the terminal building, parking/rental car facility, parking lot and along the main airport drive which reach the majority of all arriving and departing passengers, regardless of their means of transit to and from the airport.
“We are thrilled to extend our partnership with Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and build upon the tremendous success we achieved over the last five years,” said John Moyer, SVP, Business Development, CCOA. “We look forward to helping brands engage with ABIA’s sophisticated domestic and international passenger base via our state-of-the art advertising solutions and technologies that travelers expect in a thriving tech community like Austin.”
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is the 34th busiest airport in the U.S. serving more than 12 million passengers annually and has 16 airlines serving over 150 daily departures to more than 56 destinations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe.
About Clear Channel Airports
Dedicated to airport advertising for more than 40 years, Clear Channel Airports is the premier innovator of contemporary display concepts. The Company, a division of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CCO), one of the world’s largest outdoor advertising companies, currently operates more than 250 airport programs across the globe and has a presence in 31 of the top 50 U.S. markets with major airports. More information can be found on Clear Channel Airports and Clear Channel Outdoor by visiting www.clearchannelairports.com and www.clearchanneloutdoor.com
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CCOutdoor
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CCOutdoorNA
For more information, please contact:
Jason D. King